Thursday, September 23, 2010

Team Roles...

Like I wrote (typed still doesn't sound as cool) before, we split up into two teams to see which directions we would want to take our 2-week surface. It was interesting that the team that I was not on (Jason, Chris, and Joyce) went for a patterned, organic-looking installation for a wall or tall-flat surface while the team that I was on (with Alex and Jim) went for a solo, self-containing design. I don't think both of these could have gotten fully developed without splitting up for a time. We chose to go with a sort of "pod" design that can be installed on a window and will respond to rain and temperature given the correct sensors.

For the team that I was on it seemed like Alex was our Rhino expert for the week, Jim was the construction and vision director and I felt that my role was to help construct, give info about greenhouse materials, and build a presentation. Yes, I finally got to use a little specialized knowledge! I thought it was exciting, anyway.

Here are some pics of our designs that we made in the process:





The theme of geometric shapes, scales, and modular forms can be seen in our prototypes.  The last picture is actually just a modified version of the pentagons from our first prototype.

No comments:

Post a Comment